JOB DESCRIPTION TITLE – Porter
DEPARTMENT – Milnerton
REPORT TO – Head of Department
Responsible for performing the role as a Porter, which includes ensuring that patient-centricity remains the main focus of the branch, is transporting patients by wheelchair or bed between the Radiology Department and the Wards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ensuring that patient centricity remains the main focus in every branch.
Duties and Responsibilities:
-Greeting and introducing yourself to the patient.
– Ensuring correct identification of the patient.
– Ensuring patient safety and comfort at all times.
– Professionalism and confidentiality.
– Assisting Radiographers with moving of patients from beds on to the examination table.
– Transporting patients to and from the X-Ray Department and the wards in the hospital.
– Delivering documents to Doctors rooms and wards.
– Collecting request forms from the wards.
– Assisting with any duties within your ability and following instruction from the Head of the Department.
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
– Computer literacy an advantage.
– Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
– Excellent time management skills.
– Matric Certificate