JOB DESCRIPTION – Patient Facilitator
REPORT TO: HEAD RECEPTIONIST, HEAD RADIOGRAPHER (HOD)
Responsible for performing the patient facilitator role, which includes ensuring that patient centricity remains the main focus of the branch and managing the workflow for the efficient operation of the department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Maintaining department assets such as computers, accessories, etc.
- Patient registration, collection of payments from patients and receipting.
- Safekeeping of cash boxes.
- Foster a harmonious relationship between the reception staff, patients and hospital staff.
- Greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing patients appropriately and professionally.
- Assist patients with completion of patient information forms.
- Get patient ID and Medical Aid card to scan in.
- If a patient needs to make a booking and the PA on that modality is busy with another patient, get all the relevant information in order for the PA to make the booking and notify the PA that there is a patient waiting.
- Print out patient information forms for the bookings for the day, so that when the patient arrives the documents are ready to be checked.
- Keep an eye on the waiting area at all times. Make sure patients are not waiting too long without being informed of any delays.
- Liaise with the radiographers and sonographers to keep the patients updated regarding waiting times.
- When the waiting room is empty, assist the PA’s with the following:
- Answering telephones and resolving queries, or direct to relevant parties.
- Ensure patients complete the NPS survey before leaving the practice.
Skills and Characteristics:
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written, telephony communication skills and etiquette
- Reliable and dependable
- Friendly and vibrant personality, team player and respectful
- Available to work overtime when required.
- Excellent knowledge of Morton & Partners systems and protocols.
- Matric certificate.
- Medical Receptionist and/or Patient Administrator experience an advantage.
- Computer literacy.
*Please submit your CV in PDF format and your maximum file size should be less than 8MB.