JOB DESCRIPTION TITLE – Sonographer
DEPARTMENT – Multiple Locations
REPORT TO – Head of Department
Perform routine ultrasound examinations unaided and assist Radiologists with specialized procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Greeting and introducing yourself to the patient.
• Ensuring correct identification of the patient.
• Explanation of the procedure to the patient.
• Ensuring patient safety and comfort at all times.
• Professionalism and confidentiality.
• Perform routine ultrasound examinations according to agreed policies and protocols.
• Perform specialist ultrasound procedures under supervision if necessary and undertake training in these procedures as required by the department.
• Participate in after hours’ call when required.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of current developments and new techniques in ultrasound.
• Participate in orientation and in-service education programs.
• Assist Radiologists in performing certain procedures.
• Assist with administrative duties.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Commitment to high quality standards.
• Excellent time management skills.
Education and Registration:
• National Diploma Ultrasound, BTech Ultrasound or BSc Ultrasound.
• Current registration with HPCSA as an independent Ultrasonographer.
• Computer literacy.