JOB DESCRIPTION TITLE – Diagnostic Radiographer
DEPARTMENT – Multiple locations
REPORT TO – Head of Department
Responsible for performing the role of a Diagnostic Radiographer, which includes ensuring that patient centricity remains the main focus of the branch and to perform and deliver high-quality diagnostic images.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Greeting and introducing yourself to the patient.
• Ensuring correct identification of the patient.
• Explanation of the procedure to the patient.
• Ensuring patient safety and comfort at all times.
• Professionalism and confidentiality.
• Perform routine radiological examinations according to agreed policies and protocols.
• Perform specialist radiological procedures under supervision if necessary and undertake training in these procedures as required by the department.
• Ensure that patients and staff are protected from unnecessary hazards due to radiation.
• Participate in the department’s roster to include working on call outside normal working hours.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of current developments and new techniques in radiology.
• Participate in orientation and in-service education programs.
• Assist Radiologists in performing procedures.
• Assist with administrative duties.
• Perform daily QA tests in line with DOH requirements.
• Operate imaging equipment in accordance with operational procedures and guidelines.
• Reporting equipment faults to the Head Radiographer promptly.
• Entering faults in relevant maintenance books.
• Cleaning of equipment on a regular basis.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Computer literacy.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Commitment to high quality standards.
• Excellent time management skills.
Education and Registration:
• National Diploma Radiography, BTech Diagnostic Radiography or BSc Diagnostic Radiography.
• Current registration with HPCSA as an independent Diagnostic Radiographer.