JOB DESCRIPTION – MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST
REPORT TO: HEAD RECEPTIONIST, HEAD RADIOGRAPHER (HOD)
Responsible for performing the receptionist role, which includes ensuring that patient centricity remains the main focus of the branch, completing all reception duties necessary for the efficient operation of the department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Maintaining department assets such as computers, accessories, etc.
- Patient registration, collection of payments from patients and receipting.
- Safekeeping of cash boxes.
- Foster a harmonious relationship between the reception staff, patients and hospital staff.
- Greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing patients appropriately and professionally.
- Assist patients with completion of patient information forms.
- Enter patient details and procedures accurately on the computer.
- Scanning documents into the system, i.e. referral letters, medical aid cards etc.
- Booking patients for special procedures and supply pre-examination requirements to patients and wards where necessary.
- Confirm authorization for certain procedures.
- Answering the telephone and resolve queries, or direct to relevant parties.
- Prepare invoices, take payments from patients and receipting.
- Validations and medval to be done timeously.
- Being aware of the patients status in the waiting room, i.e. examination completed and waiting for results etc.
- Balancing your cash box at the end of the day and sending cash, credit card payments and receipts to head office daily.
Skills and Characteristics:
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Vibrant and energetic
- Verbal and written communication excellent.
- Good telephone etiquette
- Reliable and dependable
- Friendly and outgoing personality.
- Available to work overtime when required.
- Team player and treat colleagues with respect.
- Excellent knowledge of Morton & Partners systems and protocols.
- Matric certificate.
- Medical Receptionist experience an advantage.
- Computer literacy.
*Please submit your CV in PDF format.